14 THINGS I LEARNED FROM KAREN BERG
1. What we call love is really need. Need is all about how the other person makes you feel. Love is your unconditional concern, care and effort towards fulfilling the physical and spiritual needs of the other person.
2. Each night in bed, if we search and find our faults and negative reactions from the day gone by, and truly ask the Light for help, and scan the Zohar to transform those traits, we won’t need Rosh Hashanah the next year.
3. Be silent when you are desperate to speak your mind. Speak your mind when you’re scared into silence, too frightened to confront. It’s never the action. It’s the consciousness behind our actions.
4. Never teach or tell someone anything about spiritual wisdom if you do not feel love and care for them first.
5. If you find something wrong in someone, or if they hurt you, first awaken love before you bring it up. And ask yourself: Are you telling them because you are deriving some measure of pleasure from it? Or are you coming from a place of unconditional care? It’s okay to not be perfect, but at least strive for it and recognize that some part of you is deriving pleasure for your ego. If your eye is on your ego the whole time you speak, and you are cautious with each word, it’s not considered ego.
6. We never fall down. We only fall up—to the next rung on the spiritual ladder leading us to a stronger connection to the Light and source of miracles. We only fall down if we allow guilt to set in.
7. When someone is criticizing you out of love or even out of their own anger, be silent. There is always a message. Even if the messenger is totally reactive and nasty and wrong in this particular circumstance. It’s payback and a message for you that is related to some other previous incident.
8. When your kids are sound asleep in the middle of the night, whisper in their ears wonderful words of encouragement and deep wisdom and simple truths.
9. Intelligence is not consciousness. Intelligence refers to the quantity of information that you possess. Consciousness refers to the quality of your soul, your purity and ability to love others without conditions. You can be brilliant intellectually but possess an extremely low level of consciousness. And vice versa.
10. If you cannot pray properly, or read Hebrew or Aramaic; if you barely understand the English translation of the Zohar, you should know that if you just blow a whistle from the depth of your being, or recite the abc’s of the alphabet from the soul, or shed a tear towards the heavens pleading for the power to change yourself, your prayer will be answered.
11. If you happen to be rushing to the place where you worship and you stop to help an injured animal, and that causes you to miss the service completely, you should know with certainty: you more than completed all of your prayer connections for that day. You put a smile upon the face of God and made the angels in heaven dance with glee. Prayer is a means to an end. That end is kindness.
12. There is no real right and wrong. The Light is infinite so both sides of a debate are included in the Light. There is only connection or disconnection. One can be right and miserable. Or wrong & happy. Instead of striving to be right, strive to connect to Light. We do that through a bit of tolerance and striving to keep the unity with those who push our buttons.
13. Love is never the cause of a marriage. True love is the effect of a marriage; a marriage that has endured many long years of growth, hard work, fun, fighting and genuine spiritual transformation. It takes a lifetime for authentic love to blossom between two people. True love will only bloom if the relationship is set soundly upon a spiritual foundation that includes time for contributing your talents and gifts to the betterment of the world.
14. Our tears open the gates of heaven. Our tears keep the gates of heaven closed. How can both statements be right? The tears that we shed on behalf of others, these tears open the gates wide. The tears we shed for ourselves alone, for all that we do not have, these tears keep the gates of heaven closed.
FREE webinar with Billy Phillips
In this free webinar, Billy shares some powerful insights about Jesus and the Messiah riding a Donkey and why the secret teachings of Jesus are coming out at this point in history. He also reveals a startling redacted section of Zohar that was taken out back in the middle ages.